SAIL OR ROW THE VIKING SHIP
Down in the activity area you will find the Viking ship harbour.
Duration: 20 – 30 min For everyone Included in the ticket
To feel the ship being moved by the work of its sail, or to even grab a hold at the oars – in step with the other guests? is an experience. Rowing the Viking ship is suitable for both young and old, young and old – and of course you do not need experience. The centurion teaches you what you need.
- The Viking ship Vargfotr sails in Borgpollen in the period 15.06 ? 31.08.
- Boat trip every day at 12:00-19:00 (15.06 ? 15.08) and 12:00-17:00 (16.08 ? 31.08).
- New sailing trip every 30 minutes.
- Registration for the sailing trip is reported to the boat crew at the boathouse. The boathouse is located in the harbor area, 15-20 minutes walk from the chieftain’s house.
- There may be some waiting time, especially on busy days, but don’t despair as there are other activities you can try while you wait. If the ship needs to be rowed instead of sailing, it is you who must take the oars and row in step with everyone else. But don’t worry, the centurion will teach you what you need to know.
Everyone should wear a life jacket and sit in the designated place. Lifebuoy is available on board.
The Viking ship is docked when there are no sailing/rowing trips. In winter, the ship lies inside the boathouse.
More about Lofotr Vikingmuseum
From children’s toys and adult board games, to books and clothes. Shop for your inner Viking.
Lofotr Vikingmuseum is part of Museum Nord, a network of twenty one venues across northern Norway.
Membership of Lofotr Vikingmuseum brings you closer to the action and offers key discounts on events.
Plan your trip to Lofotr Vikingmuseum in Lofted, on the beautiful island of Vestvågøya.