As a Viking participant, you will need to have something to offer the festival’s guests and the other Vikings. Something like a seminar, activities, artist talk, a performance (concert, theatre, juggling, etc.), demonstrations of handicrafts, or a stall/booth. We offer space for your tent, a great atmosphere, lots of Vikings, and a big audience. Get in touch if you would like to participate!
As a participant you will:
- Help create a distinctive festival with unique experiences and atmosphere
- Explore the museum area with its reconstructed smithy, Viking ships, and boathouse
- Have the opportunity of taking part in various historical contests and/or training camps for warriors
- Learn new facts about the Viking Age or old handicraft techniques (or teach others your own)
- Enjoy lots of music, song, dance, and theatre performances
- Stay in the festival area’s scenic surroundings by the lake
- To the participants present during the entire festival, we offer a Viking feast in the Chieftain's House
Enrolment for Lofotr Viking Festival is now open. There is a limited number of places. To register, fill out the registration form. The deadline for registration is 1 May, 2023.
Elin Tinuviel Torbergsen
Curator and Festival Manager
Lofotr Viking Museum